Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Inspiration from an Unlikely Source

But then again, when is inspiration from a likely source?

Just as a disclaimer, I am very much not a video game person. I don't own them, I don't play them, I rarely look into them. I'm a writer, I don't have time for video games.

However. There are several games that I know about vaguely that have always struck me as interesting. Both these games contain content I likely wouldn't be comfortable with even if I did play video games, but since this is my blog, you won't have to worry about that in regards to why I'm even writing this post in the first place.

Anyway!

-Sigh- It's late. Bear with me.

I found these two very awesome, video game themed videos on youtube that I wanted to share. The first one is Assassin's Creed meets Parkour. The bits and pieces I hear about Assassin's Creed intrigue me, story wise, but since I don't play video games, and have no intention of starting, I haven't actively sought to learn more. However, it does mean I don't turn away select things associated with it that I find interesting. Now, parkour, also known as free running, is probably one of the absolute coolest sports ever. So when I see both of them in one video? Um, I think yes.


This next video I actually have to give credit to Dana for finding. He sent it to me just a few minutes ago, and I loved it. Like Assassin's Creed, Skyrim is a video game that has my stand-offish admiration, though I'm fairly certain it has even more things I wouldn't like in it than Assassin's Creed does. But I like the (very) basic concept of it, and in spite of what it may really be, it did inspire this mini-story and soundtrack that, on its own, is pretty awesome.

 
 
Well, that's all I have for now. As you probably noticed, my words begin to get a little jumbled this late at night.
 
Yup. Time for bed.
 
Dia duit,
~Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! I love feedback so feel free to leave comment related to the post, or just to say hi. Dia duit!