Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Personality Fun

So lately I spoke with a good friend of mine, R.G. Nairam, and the subject of personality types came up. We didn't go that far into the topic because at the time we were discussing more important things, but later she sent me a link to a website where I could take a personality test. Being rather a curious person by nature, I followed her suggestion. People and personalities have always fascinated me to no end.

This is what I got:




So now I've had every friend possible who hasn't taken the test take the test, including several of my siblings and even my Mother. It's been loads of fun comparing the various types, seeing how they match up in real life, and how there are variations even within the specific personality types. For example, my Mother is ENFP just like me, but her Thinking/Feeling ratio is almost exactly half and half, whereas mine is, obviously, not.

It may just be me, but I find all of this intriguing. It really helps, also, when it comes to creating and writing characters in stories, acting, and even role play. Check it out, even if you don't use this specific website or do a test for yourself.

Dia duit,
~Penny

2 comments:

  1. I really like the MBTI system. (Probably because I'm an INTP, which means I instinctively create similar systems of classifying things. XD) Speaking as someone with no social skills, this stuff can really help me understand people and relationships and how other people actually ENJOY standing around and talking for hours.
    And it all comes from brains! Brains are awesome.

    Reality aside, it's just SO great for making characters! Knowing that my main character is an ENFJ, for example, tells me a lot more about why he's into self sacrifice and making friends than I could ever have reasoned out intuitively. And the interactions between the villain and the hero (who are both extremely extraverted in opposition to my own extreme introversion) can make sense.

    *looks up at paragraphs* Yeah, I like this system a lot. It makes sense. (It's not just you.)

    God Bless, Charissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, this is awesome for characters, for sure. The interaction aspect especially. Just knowing that peoples'/characters' brains are wired differently helps rather a lot.

      Yeah, I'm one of those people who enjoys talking. Hee hee.

      ~Penny

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! I love feedback so feel free to leave comment related to the post, or just to say hi. Dia duit!