Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaNoWriMo -- Day 3

Went a couple hundred over the word target today, so that feels nice. Once again I'm finding I slightly overestimated how quickly I can write a set ammount of words. I think it's mostly because I don't measure writing progress in numbers, I measure it in scenes. So whether I write a long scene or a short scene or several scenes consequetively, as long as I've finished the scene, I'm good.

'Course that doesn't quite work with NaNo, does it? It's all about the numbers.

I told my friend online, "NaNo's going pretty well so far. The lack of time I have to improve the quality of my prose is nagging a little, but I'll survive."
"You just basically described NaNo." She replied.

So there you have it. It's fun, but it has a decided undercurrent of work to it that isn't always present when it comes to writing on my own time schedule.

I would say that I think this is good for me, but then my Mother would say "I told you so" in the comments.

 Hee hee.

Dia duit,
~Penny

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry sweetie. I know I'm right. I don't need you to tell me I'm right. :D
    (we need to watch that episode again!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! I love feedback so feel free to leave comment related to the post, or just to say hi. Dia duit!