Friday, May 25, 2012

Follow the Sound of Steel

I've been attempting to research European Martial Arts (swordfighting; specifically, Italian longsword) and today I looked up videos on youtube. After searching for a little while, and finally typing in "Fiore di Liberi", I got a result. Here's the video. It shows forms, how they work in actual practice, and then some sparring near the end. It's not an instructional video, but I found it helpful and intriguing in getitng the general idea of what proper swordfighting looks like. And by 'proper' I mean pretty much anything that's better than the blind hacking we do in the backyard with our PVC swords.



Maybe I should have a designated Medieval sword/swordfighting day. Hm....

Dia duit,
~Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! I love feedback so feel free to leave comment related to the post, or just to say hi. Dia duit!