Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September Blog Challenge -- Day 17

I don't really know if I can answer this question, but we'll give it a shot.

Day 17 -- Someone who broke your heart.

Like I said, I can't answer this properly. First of all because I'm not the type to publicize past hurts, and secondly because I've never really had anyone break my heart. Not on purpose, and not in the way the question implies.

So instead I'll write a list of things that do break my heart. Really, I'm not all that compassionate by nature. I'm very empathetic, but I'm also a catalyst, so when I see something I don't like, I am not content to merely feel bad about it. I want to change it. So there aren't very many things that break my heart as much as make me angry at the wrongness that is causing whatever issue has raised my ire.

Even still, I think I can manage to sift through my heart and find the things that actually make me sad and not just upset.

~People who feel hopeless.
~Christians who don't seek Christ.
~An unloved child.
~Virtue that is undervalued or persecuted.
~Loss.
~The death of a dream.

So there. You can choose to answer the question however you like, or not answer it at all. Either way. I think evaluating the things that hurt us or make us upset is a good, healthy thing to do, but there is also the danger of thinking only of those things, and forgetting to remember all the wonderful things God has blessed us with. I know we covered the 'thing that fills you with excitement and joy' already, but I want to make a list of things that just plain make me happy. Things that restore my faith in God's goodness in the world right now.

~Children's laughter.
~Hugs.
~Fiery sunsets.
~The breeze through forest treetops.
~Singing of birds.
~A shoulder to cry on.
~Waves on a beach.
~A playful dog.
~Forgiveness and humility.
~A crackling fire and roasted marshmallows.
~Chocolate.
~A good story.
~Silly random games with siblings.
~Wise parents.
~Patient understanding and service.
~Spontaneous acts of love.
~Wading through creeks in the summertime.
~The smell of rain.
~Tea.

Well, that list ended up a bit longer than I anticipated. But that's a good thing, right?

Dia duit,
~Penny

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...
    That's hard.
    Losing friends and loved ones makes me sad, but it doesn't exactly break my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! I love feedback so feel free to leave comment related to the post, or just to say hi. Dia duit!