Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September Blog Challenge -- Day 18

This question is actually a little freaky, solely because of the fact that Mom and I just finished having a conversation on this very topic.

Things like this have been happening a lot lately.

Day 18 -- An important trait in a potential spouse.

This would actually be a little hard for me to narrow down. I have a list in my head of traits I like, but deciding which would be the most important out of all of them is difficult. Mostly because I don't know if I've decided yet. And because one trait does not the man make.

That being said, my Mother reminded me of one single trait that I do believe is of paramount importance. And that is "he must love God more than he loves me." My Mother has such a wonderful way of being able to both articulate the core of a concept, as well as expound upon it. I myself ramble endlessly, as you have no doubt noticed, before I can finally manage to come to the point both out loud and in my own head.

Loves God more than he loves me. I would also label that as integrity. A man who loves the Lord more than anything is going to have a strength of character unlike any other. There would be other necessary factors in a potential spouse, but without that one foundational trait, none of the other factors would matter.

So. Yeah.

Dia duit,
~Penny

5 comments:

  1. Man, you have so much more brain with this stuff than I do. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would be the same trait I would think of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely loving God more than me. To point me to Christ when I'm in need of Him... Encourage me in my spiritual life. etc.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! I love feedback so feel free to leave comment related to the post, or just to say hi. Dia duit!